Will Brighton Asylum be open this year?
That’s a question that certainly seems to be on everyone’s minds lately. We absolutely plan to be open and we think it’s going to be our best Halloween season yet! However, the safety of our guests and staff are our #1 priority. We are working with our state and local officials, monitoring this situation both locally as well as across the country and planning accordingly. We would like to take a moment to share some of those plans with you now. We will be:
- Disinfecting all haunted attractions, 60 min escape rooms and puzzles, 5 min escape rooms and puzzles, indoor and outdoor axe throwing, The Horror Museum, costume and make-up areas, bathrooms, and porta johns with a Residual Antimicrobial Technology that provides long lasting surface protection from microbes, even with continued contact. You can watch a video of us applying the product HERE (coming soon).
- Sanitizing contact surfaces of the attractions such as handrails, push bars, door knobs, etc, hourly during operation and even more thoroughly before opening the next night.
- Checking temperature readings of all staff on a nightly basis to screen out symptomatic individuals.
- Removing any “push through” items in the haunted attractions that guests would come into contact with.
- Using only alcohol based makeup and thoroughly sanitizing airbrushes, makeup brushes between uses.
- Thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing costumes and masks with isopropyl alcohol, nightly, and applying our long lasting residual antimicrobial product at the start of the season.
- Keeping the same actors in the same roles/costumes as much as possible.
- Employing the use of hand sanitizer stations and hand washing stations out in our midway, before/after taking part in our escape room and axe throwing experiences, or if you just feel the need for a wash or extra cleaning.
Will I have to wear a mask to go through the haunt, will the actors be wearing PPE?
That’s a very good question and it’s honestly just too soon to tell. If health officials are still advising that in the fall, then we will certainly follow those recommendations. Brighton Asylum is committed to providing the safest possible environment for guests and staff alike. Please check back for further updates.
Last Updated: April 26th, 2020