Will Brighton Asylum be open this year?
We absolutely plan to be open, tickets are now on sale, and we think it’s going to be our best Halloween season yet! However, the safety of our guests and staff are our #1 priority. We are working with our state and local officials, monitoring this situation both locally as well as across the country and planning accordingly. We would like to take a moment to share some of those plans with you now. We will be:
- Tickets will be sold at a reduced capacity
- Face coverings will be worn by all staff and actors
- Social distancing will be enforced outside in our midway areas, our queue lines as well as inside the haunted houses.
- Contact nights are suspended until further notice. Actors will not touch guests. Please do not touch our actors.
- Groups will not be combined with other parties in any of our attractions as we typically do on peak nights. Groups will enter only with the individuals they attend with.
- Our industrial fans (6 in total) will be operating at all times with all windows, doors, and overhead bay doors open to keep fresh air circulating throughout the attractions at all times.
- Disinfecting all haunted houses, 60 min escape rooms and puzzles, 5 min escape rooms and puzzles, indoor and outdoor axe throwing, The Horror Museum, costume and make-up areas, bathrooms, and porta johns with a Residual Antimicrobial Technology that provides long lasting surface protection from bacteria and viruses, even with continued contact. You can watch a video of us applying the product HERE (coming soon).
- Sanitizing contact surfaces of the attractions such as handrails, push bars, door knobs, etc, hourly during operations and even more thoroughly before opening the next night.
- Porta Johns will be disinfected after EACH use.
- Checking temperature readings of all staff on a nightly basis to screen out symptomatic individuals.
- Removing any “push through” items in the haunted attractions that guests would come into contact with in order to reduce cross contamination.
- Using only alcohol based makeup and thoroughly sanitizing airbrushes, makeup brushes between uses.
- Thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing costumes and masks with isopropyl alcohol, nightly, and applying our long lasting residual antimicrobial product at the start of the season.
- Keeping the same actors in the same roles/costumes as much as possible in order to minimize cross contamination of germs.
- Employing the use of hand sanitizer stations and hand washing stations out in our midway, before/after taking part in our escape room and axe throwing experiences, or if you just feel the need for a wash or extra cleaning.
- Requiring social distancing of our staff throughout the make-up and costume process
Will I have to wear a mask to go through the haunt?
That’s a very good question and it’s honestly still too soon to tell. If health officials are still advising that in the fall, then we will certainly follow those recommendations and require face coverings both in our midway and inside the haunted attractions with social distancing requirements enforced. We at Brighton Asylum are committed to providing the safest possible environment for guests and staff alike. Please check back for further updates.
Last Updated: July 27th, 2020