KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
TIPS FOR SURVIVING Brighton Asylum
- Make sure to purchase your ticket to Brighton Asylum ONLINE. It is the only way to guarantee entry at Brighton Asylum. Tickets are sold by arrival time which helps enable you to plan your night out better as well as skip the long box office lines. A limited number are sold each night so get yours today. (NOTE: general admission tickets are not “skip the line” tickets. The time listed on your ticket is your arrival time, not entry time. Wait times vary depending on the night. For faster entry, purchase a Fast Pass ticket.)
- Outside, take as many photos as you’d like with monsters and other entertainers and feel free to grab a snack and drink. While inside there are no food, drinks, bottles, recording devices, photography, videography, smoking or flashlights allowed. (please see a complete list of posted warnings here)
- No Halloween masks or hand held items are allowed inside the haunted houses). If you come in costume please leave your mask and accessories in your car. Face paint is acceptable. No hoods.
- Mistreating any Brighton Asylum performer will result in being ejected without refund. There is absolutely NO touching of the performers. We consider that an assault, and it will be treated as such. Please do not touch the props as you never know if it is an actor in disguise.
- Wearing heels or flip flops are not allowed as they are potential tripping hazards for you, our valued guests.
- There is absolutely NO smoking, NO lighters, and NO weapons of any kind allowed in the park. You will be wanded by a security guard or police officer at the entrance gate. You may smoke outside the park. There is no smoking or vaping once inside the park. Please do not smoke or vape on the queue line. MARIJUANA IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY.
- There are no outside food or drinks (open or unopened) allowed past security check point. We don’t allow intoxicated or stoned individuals into the park or haunted attractions.
PLAN AHEAD. GET YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE
- If you purchase your ticket in advance you get to skip the line at the Box Office all together.
- For peak nights we highly recommend purchasing a Fast Pass ticket in advance as this will greatly reduce your wait in line or eliminate it all together. We sell only a very limited number of Fast Pass tickets so expect a much shorter wait than with any other method.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- We provide limited onsite parking at Brighton Asylum. Book early time slots to take advantage of onsite parking. For additional parking (Halloween season only, Not available Sept 23rd), park at Clifton High School, 333 Colfax Ave, Clifton NJ 07013 and ride the shuttle buses4 minutes to Brighton Asylum. Shuttles pick up and drop off every 10 minutes for your convenience. This lot is opens when Brighton Asylum opens and remains open until the last guest is dropped back off.
- Upon arriving at Brighton Asylum, follow signs for the haunted house and head for the security checkpoint line. All guests, ticketed and unticketed, will head there first. NOTE: GUESTS WITH PRE-PURCHASED FAST PASS TICKETS MAY PROCEEED DIRECTLY TO SECURITY SCREENING. PLEASE HAVE YOUR TICKETS IN HAND AS THEY WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE ALLOWING YOUR GROUP TO BE SCREENED.
- After security, if you have already purchased your tickets, proceed directly to your designated entrance – General Admission or Fast Pass. There is no need to exchange your print-at-home-ticket at the ticket booth; the ticket you printed is your ticket. If you are experiencing a 60 minute escape room or axe throwing, Please text your usher directly as they will reach out to you approx 1 hour before your session.
- If you purchased your tickets in advance, expect to feel good about that decision as you pass the line at the box office and proceed to our entry lines.
- If you purchased a Fast Pass ticket expect to feel like you made a wise decision as you skip the General Admission line altogether.
- The show starts as soon as you arrive, while you wait to enter expect to be entertained by monsters and other performers. Feel free to take pictures with them, they love the spotlight.
- Guests enter in max groups of up to 10. For groups larger that we split up at the entrance, If you stop to wait for your friends inside the attraction, you are doing yourselves a great injustice as well as causing other groups to catch up to you and you to catch up to other groups.
- If you come on a off peak night (typically a weekday night or Sunday) expect there to be more space in between you and the group in front of you (unless of course the group in front of you walks slower than a pack of zombies). Significantly less people attend early in the month and on Thursdays and Sundays, therefore, we are able to offer longer spacing for traveling through the haunted houses. This changes on nights the closer we get to Halloween.
- If you come on a peak night or on one of the busiest nights of the year, expect an action packed and terrifying experience with an energy like no other. But also expect there to be less spacing between you and the group in front of you. Our attractions are some of the highest attended in the nation and as such are designed to be fun and scary regardless of the size of the crowd walking through them. There are special direction and adjustments made to accommodate larger numbers of patrons on weekends and busier nights.
- If it’s important for you to have a more “alone” feeling at the haunted house, come earlier in the month, or on Thursday/Sunday. If you enjoy the energy and excitement that is fueled by more people, attend on a Friday/Saturday, or later in the month. Either way, we are confident that you will enjoy your experience!
- Final note: on our busy weekend nights closer to Halloween, we can sell out. To ensure your entry, purchase tickets online in advance; you can do this any time during our season, up to the day you plan to attend. Those of you that are tech savvy can even purchase your tickets online from your smartphone on your way to the haunted house! Your tickets are emailed to you immediately, you can pull them up on your smartphone screen and we can scan them at the entrance right on your phone. If you have an online ticket in hand, you will get in that night. However, in the event of a sellout night, our on-site box office will close early. Don’t worry though, we stay open until the last ticketed patron in line is through all haunted houses and events!
- NOTE: Those with reservations can purchase additional tickets for sold out time arrivals in person by showing your reservation at the ticket booth. Simply arrive, go through security, and bring your unticketed party to the ticket booth. Show your reservation, and your unticketed party can purchase their ticket for the sold out time.
- You will wait in line. Buying your tickets ahead of time does not mean you will not wait in line to get into the attractions. Only Fast Pass ticket holders get immediate or near immediate access to the haunted attractions.
- If you or anyone in your group needs special arrangements for a disabled member of your group, or for an individual who may not be able to wait in line for an extended period of time, please email us with specifics and we will work with you and your group to ensure your comfort while you wait. Please understand, we are not able to offer free upgrades to those who have long drives back home, have kids to get to bed, or who are waiting longer than their desired or expected time, etc. Every effort is made to get everyone into the attractions in a timely manner. However, if you come during peak hours, your wait may be extended and we are unable to specify by how much. Please plan accordingly.