KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
TIPS FOR SURVIVING Brighton Asylum
- Make sure to purchase a General Admission or Fast Pass Ticket ONLINE. These tickets are timed reservations and will enable you to plan your night out better and skip the long box office lines at the haunted houses. A limited number are sold each night so get yours today. (NOTE: general admission timed tickets will not eliminate your wait. If you have kids to get to bed, or want to make plans for after the haunt, it may be better to come on a night where you are more available. You are still going to wait in line. Timed ticketing is a wait reduction strategy only not a guarantee of entry at a particular time. While every effort is made to start entering our guests at the time listed on their ticket, entry times can still vary depending on the night attended. Wait times are greatly reduced with this method. For faster entry, purchase a Fast Pass timed ticket)
- You will reduce your wait greatly at Brighton Asylum: Escape by purchasing multiple escape rooms in advance. If you purchase only one room for your group and decide after finishing that you would like to play more, you may purchase additional rooms at the ticket booth if we have not sold out (5 minute rooms only. 1 hour rooms must be purchased in advance). However, you will subject yourselves to additional waiting using this method. For best results and overall wait reduction, purchase multiple escape rooms in advance.
- Outside take as many photos as you’d like with monsters and other entertainers and feel free to grab a snack and drink. While inside there are no food, drinks, bottles, recording devices, flash photography or flashlights allowed.
- No masks or hand held items are allowed inside (this means your phone too). If you come in costume please leave your mask and accessories in your car.
- Mistreating any Brighton Asylum performer will result in being ejected without refund. There is absolutely NO touching of the performers. We consider that an assault, and it will be treated as such.
- Wearing heels or flip flops are not allowed as they are potential tripping hazards for you, our valued guests.
- There is absolutely NO smoking, NO lighters, and no weapons of any kind inside of Brighton Asylum. You will be wanded by a security guard or police officer at the entrance gate. You may smoke outside on the queue line.
- There are no open containers of any kind, no food or drinks (open or unopened) allowed past security check point. If we see you with alcohol, you will be asked to DUMP IT, NOT DRINK IT. Drinking your alcohol or laced beverage in front of us instead of dumping it as politely instructed may get you barred from entering. If you appear drunk to us, you will be asked to leave. We don’t allow drunk or stoned individuals into the haunted attractions.
PLAN AHEAD. GET YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE
- If you purchase your ticket in advance you get to skip the line at the Box Office all together.
- On peak nights we highly recommend you purchase a Fast Pass ticket as this will greatly reduce your wait in line or eliminate it all together. We sell only a very limited number of Fast Pass tickets so expect a much shorter wait than with any other method.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- We provide limited onsite parking at Brighton Asylum. Book early time slots to take advantage of onsite parking. For additional parking on Friday and Saturday nights October 6th through 28th , park at 199 Scoles Ave, Clifton NJ 07012 and ride the shuttle 4 minutes to Brighton Asylum. Shuttles pick up and drop off every 10 minutes or for your convenience. Please be advised that our off site parking lot will not be available Thursdays, Sundays, and Fridays/Saturdays before Oct. 6th.
- Upon arriving at Brighton Asylum, if you have already purchased your tickets, proceed directly to your designated entrance – General Admission or Fast Pass. There is no need to exchange your print-at-home-ticket at the ticket booth; the ticket you printed is your ticket, and includes admission to both Brighton Asylum and The Tunnel. If you are experiencing an escape room first, the escape rooms are to the left of the ticket booth while the haunted attractions are to the right of the ticket booth.
- If you purchased your tickets in advance, expect to feel good about that decision as you pass the line at the box office and proceed to our entry lines.
- If you purchased a Fast Pass ticket expect to feel like you made a wise decision as you skip the General Admission line altogether.
- The show starts as soon as you arrive, while you wait to enter expect to be entertained by monsters and other performers. Feel free to take pictures with them, they love the spotlight.
- NOTE: General Admission Timed Ticketing is a wait reduction strategy only. You are not guaranteed to get into the attractions in a specified amount of time, although every effort is made to get you in within your time block. You save time by skipping the line at the box office, and you are guaranteed to get into the attractions before anyone who purchased tickets for a later time slot, even if they arrived before you. This saves you a lot of time, and can add up to hours of waiting saved.
- Guests enter Brighton Asylum/The Tunnel as a group of 5. If you stop to wait for your friends inside the attraction, you are doing yourselves a great injustice as well as causing other groups to catch up to you and you to catch up to other groups. Brighton Asylum is designed for maximum entertainment at this capacity.
- Those with groups smaller than 5 will be added to other groups to reach our capacity maximum of 5 per group.
- If it is important for you to enter ONLY with your own friends, please purchase 5 general admission or fast pass haunt tickets. Purchasing less will result in your being added to another group to create a group of 5.
- If you come on a off peak night (typically a weekday night or Sunday) expect there to be more space in between you and the group in front of you (unless of course the group in front of you walks slower than a pack of zombies). Significantly less people attend early in the month and on Sundays, therefore, we are able to offer a much better pace/spacing for traveling through the haunted houses. This changes on nights the closer we get to Halloween.
- If you come on a peak night or on one of the busiest nights of the year, expect an action packed and terrifying experience with an energy like no other. But also expect there to be less spacing between you and the group in front of you. Our attractions are some of the highest attended in the nation and as such are designed to be fun and scary regardless of the size of the crowd walking through them. There are special direction and adjustments made to accommodate larger numbers of patrons on weekends and busier nights.
- If it’s important for you to have a more “alone” feeling at the haunted house, come earlier in the month, or on a weekday. If you enjoy the energy and excitement that is fueled by more people, attend on a Friday/Saturday, or later in the month. Either way, we are confident that you will enjoy your experience!
- Final note: on our busy weekend nights closer to Halloween, we can sell out. To ensure your entry, purchase tickets online in advance; you can do this any time during our season, up to the day you plan to attend. Those of you that are tech savvy can even purchase your tickets online from your smartphone on your way to the haunted house! Your tickets are emailed to you immediately, you can pull them up on your smartphone screen and we can scan them at the entrance right on your phone. If you have an online ticket in hand, you will get in that night. However, in the event of a sellout night, our on-site box office will close early. Don’t worry though, we stay until the last ticketed patron in line is through both haunted houses!
- You will wait on line. Buying your tickets ahead of time does not mean you do not wait on line to get into the attractions. Only Fast Pass ticket holders get immediate or near immediate access to the haunted attractions.
- If you or anyone in your group needs special arrangements for a disabled member of your group, or individual who may not be able to wait on line for extended period of time, please email us with specifics and we will work with you and your group to ensure your comfort while you wait. Please understand, we are not able to offer free upgrades to those who have long drives back home, have kids to get to bed, are waiting longer than their desired or expected time, etc. Every effort is made to get everyone into the attractions in a timely manner. However, if you come during peak hours, your wait may be extended. Please plan accordingly.